Welcome to River Capital
“The Northwest’s premier mortgage company”
River Capital is one of the Northwest’s premier mortgage companies. Located in downtown Portland, Oregon, we have established trusted relationships with local chartered banks, wholesale lenders, and private investment portfolios. These relationships allow our firm to facilitate lending in a variety of ways. As both a banker and broker, we provide niche loans, Energy Efficient Mortgages, FHA, VA, Reverse Mortgages as well as the means to accommodate conventional financing. Loans for teachers, police officers, and fire fighters are included in our sphere of specialties.
From Our Newsletter
Buying Your First Investment Property
We are pleased to feature our local business partner below… Owning investment property, such as a rental house, is a smart way to earn income while watching an investment grow in value. Rentals make great investments because the cost of ownership remains relatively flat but rents increase over time, meaning that your annual return should grow the longer you own it. In addition to short-term profits, the property’s value should grow while your debt shrinks, meaning your equity grows over Read more →
World Salmon Council
Salmon Watch is an “innovative program that brings together people from all walks of life and many diverse interest groups for the common goal of educating our youth and helping revitalize salmon populations and habitat.” – Governor John Kitzhaber, State of Oregon We are pleased to feature our local business partner below… Founded in 2012, World Salmon Council is a 501(c)(3), environmental nonprofit organization based in Portland, Oregon. Its mission is to educate, engage, and empower local communities in wild salmon sustainability. Read more →
- Why All This Fuss Over Satoshi Nakamoto Is A Boost For BitcoinThe media frenzy over the alleged founder of Bitcoin appeals to universal human curiosity. Mystery, intrigue, a dash of conspiracy! If that's not enough to turn Bitcoin into a household word, what is?
- Beyond Job Titles: What Do You Really Do?We asked people to send us pictures of themselves at work — and to tell us what they do.
- Chipotle Says There's No 'Guacapocalypse' LoomingYes, climate change raises the risk that avocados will become extra pricey. But Chipotle says that news reports suggesting it could be forced to drop guacamole from the menu are vastly overstated.
- Obama's Budget: Magic Wand Or Club?Under the president's plan, wealthier Americans would be paying more in taxes, while poorer ones would be getting new tax credits. Republicans, on the other hand, prefer a different approach.
- Technology May Turn You Into A Bigger TipperWe're used to rounding up the total on our taxi ride or dropping a buck or two in a jar at the coffee shop. Now, new high-tech ways to pay are nudging us to tip more generously and more often.
- Teen Sues Parents, Claiming They Owe Her Money For CollegeRachel Canning, 18, says her parents kicked her out of their house; she wants them to give her financial support. A New Jersey judge denied her requests in an initial hearing Tuesday.
- Tax Deductions: Putting More Money In Your PocketExperts say Americans might be leaving billions of dollars in uncollected tax deductions. Tax columnist Kevin McCormally sniffs out the surprising ways you could get more money back.
- Marching Into Spring, Realtors' Hopes RiseEconomists say strong home sales this spring could drive job creation, as well as boost personal wealth and consumer confidence.
- Why The 'Non-GMO' Label Is Organic's FrenemyNon-genetically modified farming is not organic. It's a whole lot cheaper and essentially uses conventional farming techniques. But some consumers think they're the same thing.