Welcome to River Capital
“The Northwest’s premier mortgage company”
River Capital is one of the Northwest’s premier mortgage companies. Located in downtown Portland, Oregon, we have established trusted relationships with local chartered banks, wholesale lenders, and private investment portfolios. These relationships allow our firm to facilitate lending in a variety of ways. As both a banker and broker, we provide niche loans, Energy Efficient Mortgages, FHA, VA, Reverse Mortgages as well as the means to accommodate conventional financing. Loans for teachers, police officers, and fire fighters are included in our sphere of specialties.
From Our Newsletter
Going Green With Big Ideas and A Big Heart
“There is an art in her ways of extracting the non tangibles of an entrepreneurs inner workings and subsequently crafting a brand awareness around it…I call it magic…other people call it a gift.” Michael Knapp Entrepreneur and marketing strategist Holly Hagerman wanted to make an impact in the world. She founded Green Rising Marketing to do just that, making the green movement more successful day by day and company by company. Hagerman believes you can make an impact in whatever Read more →
20 Years of Gratitude and Appreciation
2016 will mark my 20th year in the field of real estate lending. I entered this profession in 1996, as a result of a downsizing in the fisheries department program at a private firm. In the years since, I’ve had the pleasure and honor of providing residential and commercial financing to over 2,350 wonderful families. As I look forward , I am truly thankful and excited to continue this endeavor in a field that has crafted so many incredible long term friendships Read more →
Developing Future Dreams
The wonderful changes noted in Portland’s skyline are the result of Tim O’Brien’s ability to foster professional and equitable collaborations with the city’s finest landowners, developers, architects and designers. -Michael Knapp “Burn the ships,” ordered Hernán Cortés, the Spanish Conquistador, to his crew in 1859. That’s good advice for entrepreneurs today, as national real estate coach Travis Carson has pointed out. When you’re starting a company, you must be fully engaged in your future, pouring your heart and soul into building your dream. Almost 20 Read more →
Expand Your Boundaries
As an avid fisherman and entrepreneur, I not only credit my fish catching ways to his incredible wading shoe, but truly appreciate the Korkers brand and it’s foothold in the global market place. Brian and his team have crafted a well honed business and product. Micheal Knapp I have always had a fascination and love of footwear. I am not exactly sure why to tell you the truth, but I guess it started Read more →
- Want To Remodel? Buy A Car? You Still Have Time To Get A Cheap LoanFed policymakers are seeing more risks that could derail the U.S. economy. For example, China's growth is slow and our energy sector is weak. So the Fed chose Wednesday to keep interest rates low.
- How To Not Run Out Of Money In RetirementYou've saved up enough to quit working. Congrats! But here's a new puzzle: figuring out how to enjoy retirement without blowing your savings too soon, when you don't know if you'll live 5 years or 25.
- Planning For Your Retirement: Understanding AnnuitiesAn annuity can be a smart retirement investment for many people, providing a steady income for the rest of your life. But they can be overpriced, opaque and hard to understand. Here's the 411.
- #AirbnbWhileBlack: How Hidden Bias Shapes The Sharing EconomyThe sharing economy is making online transactions far more personal, which can lead to some unintended consequences.
- Could You Come Up With $400 If Disaster Struck?Almost half of Americans say they couldn't — including people in the middle class. Writer Neal Gabler says it's time to stop saying that anyone can be rich with just hard work.
- A Nation Engaged: Trade Stirs Up Sharp Debate In This Election CycleAmericans shared their views on trade with NPR and member stations. One thing is clear: Millions of voters have deep feelings about trade — and often are at odds with each other about it.
- Artist J.M.W. Turner To Be Featured On U.K. £20, Ousting Economist Adam SmithFollowing a national nomination process for a visual artist to honor, the U.K. has announced the new face of the £20 bill. He's known for landscapes, seascapes and innovative depiction of light.
- We're Having a Baby!? How To Feel The Joy, Without The Financial FearsWith each baby comes a set of scary questions: how to pay for strollers, day care, even (gasp!) college? We joined a talk between a young couple and a financial adviser. Here's what we learned.
- When Having A Baby Comes With A Bundle Of Financial ImplicationsHaving a baby is a magical, wonderful thing that will bring joy to your life and sometimes a wrecking ball to your financial life. A couple having a baby together talk with a financial adviser.