Welcome to River Capital
“The Northwest’s premier mortgage company”
River Capital is one of the Northwest’s premier mortgage companies. Located in downtown Portland, Oregon, we have established trusted relationships with local chartered banks, wholesale lenders, and private investment portfolios. These relationships allow our firm to facilitate lending in a variety of ways. As both a banker and broker, we provide niche loans, Energy Efficient Mortgages, FHA, VA, Reverse Mortgages as well as the means to accommodate conventional financing. Loans for teachers, police officers, and fire fighters are included in our sphere of specialties.
From Our Newsletter
Expand Your Boundaries
As an avid fisherman and entrepreneur, I not only credit my fish catching ways to his incredible wading shoe, but truly appreciate the Korkers brand and it’s foothold in the global market place. Brian and his team have crafted a well honed business and product. Micheal Knapp I have always had a fascination and love of footwear. I am not exactly sure why to tell you the truth, but I guess it started Read more →
An Accidental Artist
As a friend and a fan of Kelly Rae for over 20 years, I’ve had the honor of witnessing her incredible journey in morphing her creative mind with a deliberate and focused business acumen. –Michael Knapp I spent my early career as a clinical medical social worker — counseling broken hearts, and helping others through the fights of their lives. It was powerful, important work — but my heart began to grow restless. Until . . . I started Read more →
Over, Under And Around
The wonderful blend of intelligence, kindness and confidence equates to the human ingredients that I find most enjoyable in working with Denise Shorter. -Michael Knapp When I consider what defines me in Real Estate, I think of what defines me in life. It’s care and diligence. I take my job personally in that each of my clients is my responsibility to protect and to guide through a process that is ever-changing, and truly has very little in the way Read more →
Creating Community Through Golf
“My family and I have been a part of the small town community of Neskowin since the late 1960’s. I’m so proud to be a part of The Neskowin Beach Golf Course.” -Michael Knapp Neskowin, a tiny beach town on Highway 101 about 2 hours from Portland, has been a special place for generations of Oregonians. Quaint cottages, beautiful beaches and a laid-back lifestyle give it a retro charm that’s hard to find elsewhere. And it has a golf course. The Neskowin Read more →
- Love It Or Hate It, #GivingTuesday Has Become 'A Thing'Ho ho ho, you've shopped till you've dropped a bundle. Now along comes #GivingTuesday. Is this the best way to encourage charity in the holiday season?
- Patients Want To Price-Shop For Care, But Online Tools UnreliableSavvy patients want the best medical care for the best deal, and online calculators seem like a great way to compare the cost of common scans and procedures. But many are inaccurate.
- How Should Borrowers Be Careful When Taking Out Car Title Loans?NPR's Scott Simon speaks with Diane Standaert of the Center for Responsible Lending about car title loans.
- Car Title Loan Borrowers Should Be Wary Of RequirementsCar title loans may sound like a good way to get some cash, using the title of your car as collateral, but they can include conditions that get borrowers into financial trouble.
- Live Long And Prosper: Reviving An Idea For Income In Old AgeSome financial experts want to bring back tontines, a retirement planning tool. People pool their cash to buy a bond that makes regular payments. The catch: You have to be alive to collect the payout.
- Critics Wonder Whether Pennies Make Sense AnymoreTreasury Secretary Jack Lew says the government is reviewing a proposal to stop making the penny. It actually costs nearly 2 cents to make a penny, so the government loses money.
- Premiums Rise Faster For Flexible Health Plans Than For HMOsThe cost of health plans that allow more choices of doctors and hospitals is rising almost twice as much as those with rigid networks, finds an analysis of markets around the country.
- When Fees Attack: Rolling Over A 401(k) Can Trigger Big-Time ChargesOne of the moments our retirement nest eggs are most vulnerable is when we change jobs. That's when some financial advisers charge fees to roll them over — and those fees can be hard to see.
- Elizabeth Warren Steps Up Campaign For Liberal AgendaSen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., says bipartisan efforts to "reform" the corporate tax code amount to "a giant wet kiss" for the biggest companies. She wants large corporations to pay more in taxes.