Welcome to River Capital
“The Northwest’s premier mortgage company”
River Capital is one of the Northwest’s premier mortgage companies. Located in downtown Portland, Oregon, we have established trusted relationships with local chartered banks, wholesale lenders, and private investment portfolios. These relationships allow our firm to facilitate lending in a variety of ways. As both a banker and broker, we provide niche loans, Energy Efficient Mortgages, FHA, VA, Reverse Mortgages as well as the means to accommodate conventional financing. Loans for teachers, police officers, and fire fighters are included in our sphere of specialties.
From Our Newsletter
5 Ways To Make Your Workout Fun Again
If you enjoy what you are doing while having a good time, you are more likely to sustain the activity on a daily basis. The “fun” concept is when we do something that makes us happy; our brain releases our “happy chemicals”, dopamine, serotonin, oxytocin, and endorphin. We then pair the activity with the good feeling in our body and mind. If we can take that concept and put it towards exercise, we see that people not only get a Read more →
Pail: Focusing on a specialty market in design
We are pleased to feature our local business partner below… Pail has been serving up a variety of creative graphic design services to its clients for 14 years. It took us a few years to realize that our clients had a commonality. What began in the specialty coffee industry expanded to distilleries and spirits, to bars and restaurants. Sometimes specializing can be a choice and sometimes it’s just the way a business evolves – ours was a little of both. Read more →
You’re Invited Upriver
Please join Michael Knapp & friends for and evening of celebration with good food + wine, good people and a fun(d) raiser for the World Salmon Council. July 24, 2014 – 4-Midnight at The Cleaners – The ACE Hotel. $25 Suggested donation. LINK to OFFICIAL invite Read more →
The Value of Your Brand
We are pleased to feature our local business partner below… We get excited every time there’s an opportunity to discuss branding with our clients, but we also realize that the term can be ambiguous. Let’s talk some basics about brand value. Your brand should do three things for you: 1. It should determine what your customers think and feel about you. 2. It should reflect an organizational promise of who you are. 3. It should differentiate you from your competition. Read more →
- Retailers' Customers Cautioned As Cyber Attacks ContinueHome Depot says some 56 million card holders were possibly compromised in a cyber attack. It says there's no evidence that debit PIN numbers were comprised or that the breach affected online shoppers.
- These People Can Make Student Loans DisappearA group called Rolling Jubilee has "abolished" more than $3 million in private student loans from the for-profit Corinthian Colleges. And it's just getting started.
- Marriott's New Envelope For Room Tips Stirs DebateAn initiative launched with Maria Shriver's input is raising questions over how the hotel company pays its staff — and whether guests should be expected to tip.
- With Debt Collection, Your Bank Account Could Be At RiskA 1968 federal law allows debt collectors not only to garnish wages but to take from a debtor's bank account. Consumer advocates say the outdated law is overly punitive and out of touch with reality.
- With Turmoil Roiling Abroad, Why Aren't Oil Prices Bubbling Up?Conflict in oil-producing regions usually sends oil prices higher. But the cost of oil has actually dropped, despite turmoil in the Middle East. Economists say it's a matter of supply and demand.
- Millions Of Americans' Wages Seized Over Credit Card And Medical DebtOne in 10 working Americans between the ages of 35 and 44 is getting his or her pay docked for not paying debts. And in most states, the law allows a quarter of wages to be withheld.
- Apple Takes A Swipe At The Credit CardApple wants to change the way you pay for things. Credit card companies are embracing its new mobile payment system as a boost to security, but analysts say Apple could disrupt the payments industry.
- Health Costs Inch Up As Obamacare Kicks InWhile there were increases in the second quarter of this year, they don't appear to be pushing the growth in health spending toward the painful levels of a decade ago.
- Try This On For Size: Personal Styling That Comes In The MailToo busy for the mall? Online services like Stitch Fix and Trunk Club attempt to re-create personal shopping relationships of yesterday, powered by today's data analytics.